Click here to visit Spanish webpage.
Email us with the subject line “subscribe” to be added to future project notifications.
VIRTUAL COMMUNITY MEETING #5 - August 25, 5:30 - 7 p.m.
Join us for another virtual community meeting via Zoom. We’ll share updates on recent design revisions in response to community feedback, including adding stoops and balconies, additional parking, and more! We’ll have time for questions after the presentation. Learn more and RSVP for the Community Meeting.
NEIGHBOR MEET & GREET WITH ICE CREAM - Sept 12, 2021 at 2:00 - 4:00 p.m.
Join us for a neighbor meet & greet at the site of the future public plaza at 675 E. Santa Clara Street. Drop in any time to:
● Celebrate our community, relax and cool down with ice cream and light music alongside neighbors, family, and friends
● Meet and chat with the SCCHA’s new Executive Director Preston Prince and County of Santa Clara Supervisor Cindy Chavez
● See the future of the site and learn more about the planned development via updated renderings, a video animation, and conversation with the design team. Learn more about the event and RSVP by Sept 7 so we can ensure there will be enough ice cream for everyone. Alternatively, you can RSVP via voicemail by calling: (408) 213-8108.
During the second Live Open House on June 2, 2021, some community members said they would like for us to explore a different color palette for the brick on Sage Family Housing. We created a survey to invite community members to help us select an alternative brick color.
The designs we shared incorporate feedback from the second round of community engagement as well as the City’s preliminary review process.
The site is located between East Santa Clara, East Saint John, 14th Street and the former 15th Street corridor. It also includes a smaller site on the north side of East Saint John between 15th Street and 16th Street.
Please send your questions and comments to email@example.com
● Who owns the rest of the former San José Hospital site?
The County of Santa Clara owns the land between East Santa Clara, East Saint John, the 15th Street corridor and 17th Street. SCCHA owns the property within the purview of the proposed project for 675 East Santa Clara Street.
● What’s the difference between County of Santa Clara and Santa Clara County Housing Authority?
The County of Santa Clara and the SCCHA are separate government entities. SCCHA is a public housing authority created under state law. SCCHA provides affordable housing solutions for Santa Clara County residents and operates the federal Section 8 program County-wide.
● What’s happening on the portion of the site owned by the County?
Now that the master planning process is complete, the SCCHA and the County are proceeding separately with their respective portions of the site. Please contact the County directly for information on their development plans: https://www.sccgov.org/sites/faf/capital-projects/escs/Pages/escs-team.aspx.
● What is the East Santa Clara Master Plan (ESC Master Plan)?
The ESC Master Plan is a document created to guide the development of the former San Jose Hospital site. It was the result of a joint process in 2018 and 2019 between the SCCHA and County of Santa Clara, with input from the community.
● What is the East Santa Clara Street Urban Village Plan?
The East Santa Clara Street Urban Village Plan is a City Council approved policy document guiding the future growth in the area around East Santa Clara Street between 7th and 17th Streets, by establishing a framework for the transition of the area into a vibrant mixed-use and pedestrian-oriented district. The ESC Master Plan was developed in conformance with the East Santa Clara Street Urban Village Plan.
● How is this project related to the East Santa Clara Master Plan or East Santa Clara Street Urban Village Plan?
This project is guided by the goals, policies, standards, and guidelines set in the East Santa Clara Master Plan and East Santa Clara Street Urban Village Plan.