In 2008 SCCHA was selected by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) to be part of the Moving to Work (MTW) demonstration program. Created by Congress in 1996, the MTW designation provides SCCHA the flexibility to develop local approaches to meet the specific needs of low-income families in Santa Clara County. The three MTW statutory goals established by Congress are:
- Decrease administrative costs and increase cost effectiveness in housing program operations,
- Promote participants’ economic self-sufficiency, and
- Expand participants’ housing choices.
Information on the activities and outcomes of SCCHA efforts under the MTW program can be found here.
All households assisted through the following programs are administered using MTW program flexibility:
- Housing Choice Voucher (HCV) or Section 8
- Family Unification Program (FUP)
- Non-Elderly Disabled Voucher (NED)
- Project Based Voucher (PBV)
- Veterans Affairs Supportive Housing (VASH), with exceptions – not all MTW flexibilities apply.
Draft 2019 MTW Annual Plan Summary Available for Public Viewing
SCCHA has developed its Draft Moving to Work (MTW) Annual Plan for fiscal year 2019 (July 1, 2018, to June 30, 2019). The summary of the plan is available for public viewing, see links below.
click here for the MTW Annual Plan Summary in English
click here for the MTW Annual Plan Summaryin Spanish
click here for the MTW Annual Plan Summaryin Vietnamese
Draft 2019 MTW Annual Plan Available for Public Viewing
SCHHA’s Draft MTW Annual Plan for fiscal year 2019, that covers the period from July 1, 2018 to June 30, 2019 is available for public viewing here.
2018 MTW Annual Plan
SCCHA is currently in its tenth full year of a 10-year MTW agreement. SCHHA’s MTW Annual Plan for fiscal year 2018, that covers the period from July 1, 2017 to June 30, 2018, is available for public viewing here.
For More Information
To learn more about the MTW program, including a list of all housing authorities currently designated as MTW demonstration sites, please visit the HUD website