Purpose of the MTW Plan & Report
SCCHA’s annual MTW Plan identifies and outlines the agency’s MTW activities for the upcoming fiscal year. SCCHA’s annual MTW Report compares the annual plan’s projected activity outcomes to the corresponding year’s actual performance.
The annual plan is due to the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) by April 15. The annual report is due to HUD by September 30.
Draft MTW Plans
The creation of the annual plan has many steps prior to its approval.
- Starting in the fall, SCCHA begins public outreach for the development of the annual plan. SCCHA reaches out to various community stakeholders, including local government agencies, nonprofit housing/service providers, as well as tenants and landlords, for ideas as to what these groups would like to see in the plan.
- SCCHA then prepares a draft plan, which includes proposed activities for the fiscal year.
- Once created, the draft plan is submitted for a 30-day public comment period. Public comments are considered before finalizing and submitting the draft plan to the Board of Commissioners.
- The Board of Commissioners considers the draft plan in a special meeting of the Board in early April.
- After the Board approves the draft plan, it is submitted to HUD.
- HUD then has 90 days to comment/approve the plan. If HUD takes no action, the plan is deemed approved on July 1.
2020 MTW Draft Annual Plan Available for Public Viewing
SCCHA's MTW Draft Annual Plan for fiscal year 2020, that covers the period from July 1, 2019 to June 30, 2020, is available for public viewing here.
2020 MTW Draft Annual Plan Public Hearing
A public hearing on the draft plan will be held on Thursday, March 14, 2019 from 11:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. at the Santa Clara County Housing Authority, 505 West Julian Street, San Jose CA.
You may view the notice of the public hearing here.
HUD Approved Annual Plans & Annual Reports