Making Homes, Growing Communities
The Santa Clara County Housing Authority (SCCHA) offers voucher programs and rental properties that help make rental housing safe and affordable for over 20,000 low-income families and individuals.
Already a Housing Choice Voucher (Section 8) Participant?
If you are an existing participant, it’s easy to manage your housing and paperwork online. You can use the Tenant Portal to:
- View your total rent portion amount
- Request to add or remove someone from your household
- Report an income change
- Request to begin the move out process
- Request a reasonable accommodation
- Message your Housing Specialist
Looking for Rental Assistance?
If you need help with rent, we make it easy to learn about the Housing Choice (Section 8) Voucher program. You can use the Applicant Portal to:
- Join SCCHA’s Housing Choice Voucher (Section 8) interest lists
- Make changes to your application and keep your application updated
Are you a Housing Choice Voucher (Section 8) Landlord?
If you already rent to our Housing Choice Voucher participants, it’s easy to manage your subsidized units online. You can use the Owner Portal to:
- Get your 1099 tax forms
- Enroll in direct deposit
- Request a rent increase
- View unit information, inspection results, and holds and abatements
- Change ownership of existing subsidized unit
- Change the existing payee
- See your Housing Assistance Payment (HAP) history
- Identify the Housing Specialist assigned to you
- Submit online forms directly to staff
Recent NewsView All News
WASHINGTON - U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) Secretary Marcia L. Fudge today announced Santa Clara County, California as the 100th community to join the Administration’s House America initiative to tackle homelessness by leveraging American Rescue Plan and other federal resources through a Housing First approach.Read More
Appointed to SCCHA's Board of Commissioners in 2006, Espinoza-Howard has championed building community partnerships while working tirelessly to expand housing opportunities and resident programs for low-income families in Santa Clara County.Read More
SCCHA and Partners Receive $14.3 Million Homekey Award to Turn San José Hotel into Housing for Transitional Age Youth Experiencing or At Risk of Homelessness
As part of a countywide effort to rapidly respond to the homelessness crisis, the Santa Clara County Housing Authority (SCCHA) and its partners applied for and were awarded a state Homekey program grant of $14.3 million for the purchase and renovation of the Pavilion Inn hotel located at 1280 North Fourth Street in San José.Read More